The Lake Meridian Triathlon
is a well organized event held on a very beautiful course in Kent, WA. As one of the few events that offers a super-sprint distance, it's an ideal race for beginner athletes who may be more timid about swimming in open water. For the more advanced athletes, both sprint and Olympic distance races are also available.
- Super-Sprint: 1/4 mile swim, 16.4 mile bike, 3.1 mile run
- Sprint: 1/2 mile swim, 16.4 mile bike, 3.1 mile run
- Olympic: 1.5km swim, 40km bike, 10km run
Race Date: June 21, 2015
Training Series: April 27 - June 21
Distance: Super Sprint or Sprint
Cost of Program: $450 STR Members | $500 Non-Members
Number of Participants: Limited to 8 participants
- Initial group kick-off meeting
- Evaluation by a licensed Physical Therapist from Biojunction Sports Therapy
- 8-week training plan provided via TrainingPeaks
- Plan will include 2 swim, 2 bike, 2 run workouts each week, along with 1 rest day
- 3 of the workouts each week will be coached, group sessions
- 1 Open Water Swim Clinic
- 1 Transition Clinic
- Course Preview
1) Why is there a limit on the number of participants?
One of the principles behind Sound Training and Racing is that every client will receive an unique and personal experience. We limit the size of training series so that we can provide the attention and quality that you deserve as a motivated athlete.
2) What level of ability is expected to start this training series?
Participants should be able to swim 400-yards non-stop, cycle 60 minutes, and run 30 mins.
3) How much time should I expect to be training each week?
Each week will have 6 workout days, and 1 rest day. In the earlier weeks, that is likely to be 5.5 hours of training, and towards the end it will be around 7 hours. In general, you can expect each workout to take about 1 hour, plus any additional time you need for preparation and clean up.
4) How do you handle different abilities of athletes?
One of the greatest things about triathlon is the variety of skill levels found between the three different sports. Some people are stronger swimmers, some are stronger cyclists, and others are stronger runners; it's no surprise that there will be a variety of abilities in any training series. Depending on the specific workout, intervals may be prescribed based on time - allowing stronger athletes to cover more distance - or if the interval is a fixed distance then a range of times or paces will be provided for different levels of ability.
5) Do I need to be a USAT Member in order to participate in this training series?
Yes. For insurance and liability reasons, all participants must be a member of USA Triathlon to take part in this training series. If you are not a USAT Member and would like to participate in the training series, please contact us as there may be options available for you.
6) What if I have another question...
... feel free to ask additional question in the Comments section below, or if you have a personal question please email us or send us a message on our Facebook page.